Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Nature In Me

The Nature In Me
When I was a kid, I always had to wait in my grandparents’ house, until my father got out of work so he could pick me up. My grandparent’s house was in a big terrain, with a lot of beautiful birds, dogs, cats, herons, goat, cocks and many other animals. It was practically a farm, I remember when my grandfather used to tell me; “Do you want some eggs with cheese”, and I told him “yes”, and then I went walking to the birdcages, and pick any eggs I wanted. Then I brought them to my grandfather, to cook them. Then he said; “Do you want a banana milk shake?”, and I always opened my eyes as big as I can from joy and went running to look for bananas, and he sometimes used goat milk. Any food he prepared it was natural and delicious.
Later on, my grandfather got older and had to sell the farm.  Because he couldn’t take care of the animal and plants, (I helped him a lot, but it was too much work). So then every time I wanted to have some natural fruits or eggs, we had to go to convenience store and buy some, and it didn’t taste the same.
Since then I felt kind of empty because nature was part of me. That’s why I decided since I was fourteen, to have plants in my own room and in the backyard, to have birds, dogs, cats, and a turtle. So I could feel like I was in nature again.
I learned that nature is in me, and no matter where I would be there will be nature, to flourish and show the entire beautiful things that planet earth has to offer.
I see nature as something wonderful and cannot be defined by humans, as it something that has being created by someone greater than ourselves. The most beautiful gardens created by humans are no match of the wonders that the earth itself creates. But mostly as I said the nature is in us and, as we see it depends on how we will treat it and it seems that the way most see nature is horrible. Otherwise there would not be global warming or so much cruelty to Her. Therefore we have to let nature reveal itself, so we can see the real meaning of beauty.

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.  -William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment